Action Jones Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Action Jones Forum

The official Action Jones forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

me and my best friends movie=)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-05

me and my best friends movie=) Empty
PostSubject: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:51 pm

hey chief, my best friend and i are making a movie with a video camera that i got for christmas. the movie is a remake of "i am legend" and "omega man". it is really fun so far, and i hope at some point, when it is done, you can see it. it took us an entire weekend to get half of the movie done, and it will probobly take another weekend or more to finish it. do you have any cool ideas on how to make the movie better(as in the way we are filming it, or any other cool ideas)?

Angelis Jackson
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-25

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Whoah,

Hey there Angelis! Sounds like a good time. First off, how many "zombies" do you have? cause, I'd think that would be the hardest part of remaking that movie.

As far as cool ideas....I don't really know, what type of things have you done so far? for that type of movie I'd think that revealing just shadows and little glimpses of the "zombies" would have a good effect (since on 0 budget, your zombie may not be that frightening in person). Are you editing on a computer? cause, if so, the right music will be huge! I have some good spooky music if you'd like.

also, (again, if on a computer) add heart beat effects in the back ground, thats always a good effect.

Let me know a bit more about your project and maybe I can give pointers. but, really, a lot of great ideas pop up on the spot as your filming. Just be creative and work with what you have.

PS Do I know you in real life?...just wondering.

-Chief
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:38 am

it is a great time so far, and we only have me and my friend to film, so we only have one zombie at the moment, but we are trying to get his brother to participate. and ya it is really hard with only two people and no budget.

yes, i am editing on my computer, and getting used to the new editor. thank you for that idea, ya we have been having a hard time not showing the zombies face to much. i wopuld really appreciate if you would give me some spooky music, i have been looking far and wide, but have come up with nothing. thanks

the heart beat effect would be really cool, i never even thought about that, awsome.

i will let you now more about our project a little later.

PS a sertain game of yeti, and now a scar on my knee. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Well, sounds like a good first time project, I'll see what I can do about the music (can you private message me your email? then I can send it to you)

Ohhh...yes....yeti, and the scar. I remember now... Wink
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:14 pm

thanks for helping out, chief. afro
Back to top Go down
Action Jones
Keeper of the Forum
Action Jones

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Can I give some humble input too? What if you just had the "zombies" slinking around in the background of the main character? You know, out of focus in the dark? Like you could have the main character walking and you see something move across in the darkness but you can't quite tell what it is.
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:26 am

that is a really good idea, thank you. it will help our movie out alot. hey and if you see Chris will you tell him hi for me thaks. Cool
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 am

Angelis,

First off, yes, I do know who you are...but I will reveal nothing here...

Secondly, the scary song I was talking about, you can get it from my brothers...tell them its the one we used for the Nick Sterling Nosforartu movie. If they can't get it to you, then, I can email it or something.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 am

Also...see if Tim wants to use the wierd green scary mask we have at our house....that thing has zombie written all over it.
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:42 am

thanks, and i heard alot about the Nosforato movie, gut never saw your version or the real movie either. Sad the mask will be a cool idea.

how are you doing? i havn't seen you in a long time. and Tim said that he had a great time with you last weekend.
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:44 am

oh, and what do you think of my avatar? i based him on edge, he is one of my favorite characters in the movie, although it is hard to pick a fav because everyone is so cool.
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm doing really well. God always has new things to teach us about Himself and about ourselves with each new stage of life. Graduating college and moving toward marriage has definitely come with a lot of lessons! God is just really awesome in the way He guides us and teaches us as we move through life. I'm just praying that He won't let me take over and steer things in my own direction. if He is not in charge and if i am not wanting Him more than anything else....what am i living for?

And yeah, I really like your Avatar, at first I thought those where wings, but now I definitely see the Edge similarity...very cool
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:04 pm

i think that you are a very wise person, and i look up to you. i hope that your relationship goes well, and i strongly believe that it will knowing you. i have also been learning alot about God lately, although in situation it hurts more than anything. i don't understand why he does stuff, but i trust Him with my life, and He will guide me where i need to go.
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:09 pm

oh, another thing. some of my class mates and me(including Tim) made a Bible class movie. it is looking really cool so far, and i can't wait to get the editing done, although i have never really edited before, i will figure it out, mr. cain taught us some about editing. the movie is of sin and it's affects. the main character (tim) starts off with 'small sins',and leads up to 'bigger sins'. and in the end, he gets saved. it was really fun to film.
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Well, it sounds like you are doing well.

Yeah, sometimes the things God does make no sense to us at the time. I know sometimes I just wish things were different. But you show a lot of faith when you say you trust Him to lead you in the right ways. Thats the best attitude to have in life.

And that movie sounds cool too. Its always fun to get a point a cross using film.
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:01 pm

ya, thanx. we filmed some more last weekend Very Happy
i am sorry tyhat i haven't been on in a while, i have a lot to do. i am glad to hear that you are good.
Back to top Go down
Angelis Jackson
Fan
Angelis Jackson

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:21 pm

hey last time we filmed, we did end up using that mask. the only problem is that we try to film close to dark when the zombies come out, but even with the light, and the night mode, it still looks dark, so i guess that we have to re-film some =(

how are you doing lately, and how is the movie going?
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 pm

Hey, thanks for asking, I'm doing really well. Of course looking forward to marriage is exciting and challenging but, its a giant new chapter for God to direct us through.

The movie's going well, were all done filming now, its just down to the editing....I'd say it will be done in 2 weeks. Look for it online soon!

How about you? How have you been? is there anything big going on that we can be praying about for you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: me and my best friends movie=)   me and my best friends movie=) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

me and my best friends movie=)
Page 1 of 1