Action Jones Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Action Jones Forum

The official Action Jones forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

**ATTENTION CHIEF!**

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
DaMavster

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
**ATTENTION CHIEF!** Left_bar_bleue8/8**ATTENTION CHIEF!** Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)

**ATTENTION CHIEF!** Empty
PostSubject: **ATTENTION CHIEF!**   **ATTENTION CHIEF!** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:11 am

Hey, did you ever use music from a group called Globus in Action Jones? I get feelings of recollection when I listen to some of their songs, but nothing specific comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andrewtpowell.com
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
DaMavster

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
**ATTENTION CHIEF!** Left_bar_bleue8/8**ATTENTION CHIEF!** Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION CHIEF!**   **ATTENTION CHIEF!** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:13 pm

This song's (Globus - Preliator) opening reminds me of Action Jones music.

This song (Globus - Diem Ex Dei) at 3:15-3:45 in the youtube video, reminds me strongly of some music in "Lux Invictus" (Action's Final Battle). Is it I wonder?

This song (Globus - Europa) doesn't evoke memories of Action Jones music, but it does make me think of "Lux Invictus" (Series Finale). Come to think of it, this song (Globus - Take Me Away) reminds me of "Lux Invictus" too.

So tell me Chief, am I right? Very Happy

p.s. I find it interesting that Globus is a secular group that does epic sounding music for movies/movie trailers. I guess when you try to make up epic lyrics, humans find nothing more epic than Heaven (almost all of their songs mention Heaven and/or God).
Back to top Go down
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
DaMavster

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION CHIEF!**   **ATTENTION CHIEF!** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Pshh! All I had to do was watch the Trailer for "Lux Invictus". It's clearly a more instrumental version of Globus - Preliator
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION CHIEF!**   **ATTENTION CHIEF!** Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Damavster!

Sorry for the long delay.

Yes, you're dead on, actually, Globus is under the same label as Immediate music. Immediate music makes production music (VERY EXPENSIVE) for big time movies. they released one album (soon to be two) called Trailerhead with alot of their music on it (on itunes).

Globus is a group under their label that takes Immediate's songs and puts lyrics/vocals to them so, Diem Ex Dei and Lucius Dei are the same song, one with vocals one without.

Yes, ALL of their songs are basically about God, or heaven, or spiritual things. You're right, when you go Epic and large scale, everything but God has a ceiling to how much awe can actually be inspired.

Again, sorry for the delay. and, esteemed web master, what do you think of embedding Lux Invictus on the website using Vimeo??
Back to top Go down
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
DaMavster

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION CHIEF!**   **ATTENTION CHIEF!** Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Send me a link and by gum I'll make it work even if I have to cut off one of my own arms!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION CHIEF!**   **ATTENTION CHIEF!** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**ATTENTION CHIEF!**
Page 1 of 1