Action Jones Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Action Jones Forum

The official Action Jones forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prayer Requests

Go down 
+7
Epidemic Xero
Revan
Dinkish
Action Jones
Edge
Red Claw
Chief
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:56 pm

So, I know a lot of us see eachother everyday/ live with each other. but for Damavster, Zagabeenie and Dinkish especially, you're more removed, there's also new comers like Xeno (and whoever else might be joining soon). So, I thought it might be helpful and also strengthen the bonds we have as believers if we could just submit some prayer requests we have, or areas we're working through in our lives. I know at the very least it'd be a blessing for us to stay connected in each others lives.

So, we can share our requests or struggles, or praises or lessons learned and then, whenever we check out the forums (cause I know I scan through a few times a day looking for new posts) we can be reminded of what's going on in each otehr's lives and say a few quick prayers for our brothers and sisters.

I have some things of my own I'd like to post up, but right now I gotta run, I just wanted to get this ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
Red Claw
Forum Pariah
Forum Pariah
Red Claw

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Katigame Ryu
Stamina:
Prayer Requests Left_bar_bleue7/7Prayer Requests Empty_bar_bleue  (7/7)

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:57 pm

We can roll with this:

My Grandfather passed away a few weeks ago, just be in prayer for my dad through all of this.
Back to top Go down
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
Edge

Number of posts : 214

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
Prayer Requests Left_bar_bleue8/8Prayer Requests Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:33 am

Here's a praise:

In learning how to love, I've been learning how much God loves me, loves all of us. He chose us to glorify Himself in us through the grace given through His Son (1 Peter). Nothing can ever separate us from His love ( Romans 8 ). These are not merely abstract facts about some obscure doctrine, but radical realities which should revolutionize the way we live. [God loves me, and I am satisfied in His presence. I love God and seek to bring Him glory and pleasure in everything.]

Praise God for His immeasurable love and grace. How beautiful and holy is He!
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:46 pm

First off, Jordan, that bit at the end about "God loves me, and I am satisfied in His presence. I love God and seek to bring Him glory and pleasure in everything" That really got me thinking this weekend...how can I live a life "bubbling over" with love for God, a life where he is the underlying fuel and drive for what I do? Instead of just living a dichotomous life.

Anyway, this weekend was an amazing one, God's been teaching me a bit more about himself and the importance of truly coming to Him with nothing else, in total, honest, defeat. Also, how His love for us, and the Grace He's shown us fills us up and overflows...all things I'm in the midst of learning, but, by His grace I'm making progress at....
Back to top Go down
Action Jones
Keeper of the Forum
Action Jones

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:10 pm

I'm thankful for God stretching me and pointing out flaws that I wasn't aware of before. If you guys could pray for my pride problems and also another something that has resurfaced of late. If you'd like to know specifically what it is, just talk to me in person.
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:18 pm

A friend of mine named Brittany went trhough some very painful surgery today on her nose...basically the Dr.s had to break her nose and re form it, and take out a bunch of cartiledge. Even the head Dr. said it would be a very painful process, SO, She would really appreciate your prayers. I won't say to pray that she feels better and all that (though its not a bad thing to do so) , just pray as you are led, and that our Lord will hold her through this hard time.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Dinkish
Mega Fan
Dinkish

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-11-02

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 pm

An update on Brit-

they just took her to the emergancy room because she can't keep down any of her pain medicine. The surgery went well, but the aftermath is pretty rocky, and she hasn't been able to sleep much at all the last 2 days because of her medicine. She's in rough shape- please remember her in your prayers!

Also, without any details, if you could pray for my brother Jonny, it'd be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:54 am

I know this is a TON of people and I don't want you too feel like you have to 'batch pray" but these are some requests that came off the streets of Springfield last night. It's tough to wrap your mind around the fact that each one of these names is a REAL person out there who needs the Lord. read over the list and pray if you are led to.

THis is copy and pasted from the Jerimiah Project prayer request email:

Kevin: Encouraged the team. He laid out the gospel starting with the Old Testament; quoting Scripture.

August and Isaiah: Two younger kids the team talked to. Pray God will use the conversation to raise up questions.

Hot Sauce: Didn't get to talk long, but another team was able to talk a little bit to him later. His real name is Herbie. Pray for his family; The Ingram Family. Edison, Amira, and Olivia. Also pray for safety. The gospel was shared.God keeps putting Hot Sauce in our path.

Jessica: Continue to pray Jessica will find a job. She is encouraged that we pray.

Marcus and Dupree: Are in high school. They asked us to pray that the city will be better; more peaceful, less evil.

Charity: How can I do anything but praise the Lord! Charity went up and started talking to the girls on one of the teams! How awesome is that?! She is a prostitute and needs love, and she needs to be told someone loves her. The gospel was shared and the team was able to pray for her. Pray Charity will see and accept Christ's love.

Ron: Older man. Used to go to church and knows the answers. Seems as he is not quite willing to let God have his life. Pray he will be broken and see his need for a Savior.

Thomas: Another older man. One of the teams was able to talk to him for 40 minutes. He THOUGHT a lot about what was being said; wrestling through some of the ideas. Pray God will continue to work in his life. He has gone through a lot; shot at in Columbus, has hepatitis but cannot afford the drugs so will die soon, and his friend was killed in Springfield the other day. Pray God will give Thomas peace. He misses his brother in Columbus, and asked for prayer for his brother as well as his housing situation. Also, he has some basic needs (and even though he didn't ask for anything) a few people are going to meet him on Sunday. Pray he will be there.

Brandon: Was on a mission. He is new to Springfield from Detroit and living with his girl. Seemed to be searching.The gospel was shared through prayer and he confessed Christ. Pray we will be able to meet Brandon again.

A group on a porch:
- Kim: Hasn't been to church in a long time, but new the gospel and professed Christ as her Savior.
- Gloria: Taught Sunday School Sunday nights. Had a hard childhood. Pray for her relationship with God, and that she will be able to meet with one of the girls on the team.
- Heather and Gloria: Two teenage girls. The gospel was shared with both of them. Heather professed Jesus to be her Savior, and knew the all the answers. Gloria thought she could go to heaven by being a good person. Pray Gloria will ask Heather questions, that they will both read through the gospel of John and that they will be able to go to a church.
- Joe: Goes to Southgate Batist Church. Pray God would make Himself known in Joe's life.
Kim has six kids, and all of these people live in the same house. (15 people or so) Pray that the children and teens in this house will be able to attend YWAM next week.

Eddie: The artist at the gas station usually walks away, but God blessed one of the men with the opportunity to talk with him and pray through the gospel. Pray God will give us another opportunity to share God's love.

Brian: Had to bury his son and because of the hurt he was getting high and drunk. The team shared theat only Christ satisfies. Pray Brian will find his satisfaction in Christ alone.

John: Was a professor at Clark Sate, but is not teaching any more. The gospel was shared, but follows the ways of unitarianism. Pray God will show him Truth.

Shortie: Smoking and drinking, but obviously down about something. She felt like she couldn't pray because of the sin in her life. Pray God will give her peace and that she will be convicted even more of her sin.

Draco: The gospel was shared. The team ran into Draco and he said he felt like he was at a fork in the road of life. Things are tough, he is from Columbus and he is trying to stop using drugs. He knew and recognized that God is sovereign and planned his meeting with the group, but only God knows where he stands before the King's throne. It is evident that Christ is working in his life. Pray God continues to work and Draco continues to change.

Two girls (Lanicia): Lanicia realizes she needs Jesus, but was drunk. Pray she takes action on realizing she needs Jesus.

Dominique: The gospel was shared. Pray Dominique will understand the gospel.
Dashell: Knows who Jesus is. Pray for the stressful week. Pray Dashell comes to know Christ more and more each day.

2 Ladies: Some of the elderly still do not have power on Oak Street; remember them in prayer.

Marqueves: Talks with God. Trying to overcome drugs and alcohol. Pray for God's deliverance from these addictions.
Rachelle: is a Believer. Pray She will stay strong.

Fate: Talked about where to put his faith. He had twisted views, but stopped the conversation before it got deep. Pray he will think about what was said and understand. He seemed to be looking for a friend and just wanted to talk. Pray God will become his friend.

Josh and Keith: Prayed with them. They wanted us to come back and pray for them. Pray we will be able to go back.
Back to top Go down
Revan
Major Fan
Revan

Number of posts : 28
Location : Apartment near Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Alright, so I have a friend who is Atheist. He needs prayer so that he can find God. I need prayer so I can help him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Fourth-Times-a-Charm/302503469
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
Edge

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:24 pm

God's Word says that we will find God when we seek for Him with all our heart and all our soul. I think the issue is not the friend finding some measure of God, but it is God revealing Himself to this friend when God is glorified in the search (when the search is not self-seeking on human terms, but a search for truth, for who God is). We should be praying that God would grant to him a hungry heart, that God would show grace and mercy, and would choose to open his soul to the truth. As for you, Revan, we are praying that God will enable you to speak the truth in love and that the love of Christ will show through you to him.
Back to top Go down
Epidemic Xero
Major Fan
Epidemic Xero

Registration date : 2008-09-04

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Ah, so....

I'm not sure what's been up with me lately. O.o;; I mean, I kinda know, but I'm not sure how much I should go into it since I don't know most of you very well (yet?).
I guess the easiest way to put it is that I feel like the devil's been beating the living crap outta me, and it's been making a particularly bad habit of mine start to resurface. Not to mention it's just been killing my prayer life, and I feel like my interaction with God's been slim to none.

Thanks in advance~
Back to top Go down
http://epidemicxero.deviantart.com/
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 am

We'll be praying for both of you Revan and Xero, just remember the truth that our God is faithful and He places us in hard situations so that we will be forged more into the people He wants us to be. As we reach out and hold onto Him, refusing to let go-even when our feelings tell us there's no use-, He will bring us through and we'll look back and see progress we could never have planned for ourselves.

Thank you both for sharing with us.
Back to top Go down
Revan
Major Fan
Revan

Location : Apartment near Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:10 pm

To further my friend's story, and maybe make it easier for advice to be given, I would like to share a bit of his "journey."

The kid started out baptist, I believe, then made a quick transition to Mormonism (whatever you call it) which was done under the influence of his girlfriend at the time. He then went from Mormon to complete Atheism. I invited him to church this coming Sunday. He doesn't seem like a closed door just yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Fourth-Times-a-Charm/302503469
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan
Zagabeenie

Number of posts : 198

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Krisdiana Cupshigh
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 pm

I so appreciate this thread. I'm glad to know how to better pray for you all. Here are my praises and concerns:

As most of you know, I got the job I was pursuing. Praise the Lord!! I will be working as a nanny for two young boys, ages 4 and 6. The family is providing me with room and board, as well as use of a vehicle. The hours are many, but I still have Sunday off for church. My responsibilities are basically those of a stay-at-home mother. I cook for the kids, do dishes and laundry, keep things tidy. Angela is also working for them as a private teacher. It will be such a blessing to be able to see her every day and spend the occasional evening with her and Scott. God's so good!

My prayer concerns are these:

This is not a family of "believers." I've never lived in that kind of environment before. Pray that I will rely on Christ for the strength to survive each and every day. I don't want to forget that I really have no idea what I'm doing and there's no way I can do this on my own.

God's provided several opportunities for me to speak with the mom about what each of us believes. We've actually had some conversations that were very interesting, and she asks sincere, logical questions that sometimes really make me think. Ask that God would give each parent a heart hungry for truth, and that he would help me to be bold, yet humble and respectful.

Finally, please pray that neither Ang nor I would not do anything to shame the name of Christ. Actions speak much louder than words, as they say.
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:47 pm

Hey brothers and sisters.

I wanted to let you all know that a freshman her named Faith is having a hard time with a mysterious medical complication. The Doctors aren't sure what it is or whats causing it, but she has had repeated black outs and more recently episodes of what appear to be heart attacks. I've known of this for a while now but only tonight has the weight of the situation settled on me. lets be in prayer for our sister Faith.

Revan, how are things with your friend?

Zag, How's the job? has the Lord given you some opportunities to be a conduit of His grace?

Xero, how are you doing? I know things were going difficultly for you earlier.

I have a praise to share. just that Our King, Jesus Christ WANTS to love us, and WANTS to cultivate a friendship with us. It's not new or revolutionary, but it should blow me away much more than it has in the past. What kind of peace and joy is there in walking through this life side by side with our friend....the King of the Universe, who knows us fully? I hope we can all draw closer to Him in love and friendship, by His Grace.
Back to top Go down
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan
Zagabeenie

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:15 pm

PRAISE HIM for His GREAT love. It is incomprehensible that He should love me, filthy as I am. I understand your sentiment, Chris. It should amaze me--I should be in total, uncontrollable awe so much more often than I am. May God bless us with the realization of just how far He reaches from His realm of perfect holiness into the lowly slum of sin in which we wallow, just to save us, because He LOVES us. He WANTS us.

I've survived two weeks here, and I'm starting in on my third. My life has been stressful, confusing, encouraging, and constantly changing. As of yet, my opportunities to share Christ have been small and few, and yet I feel that it is the details of how I live my life that will speak the loudest. I am praying that I will reflect Him in EVERYTHING I do and EVERYTHING I say, as well as for more opportunites to share what I believe.

The mother has already said that the children may attend church with me if they would like to, and the six-year-old has expressed some interest in doing so, but I am still looking for a church to attend regularly.

All in all, I'm making it, but only by God's grace. Thank you for your prayers. I miss you all, and I'm praying for you, particularly my CU family, Faith included.

Philippians 1:3-11
Back to top Go down
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan
Zagabeenie

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Um, if anyone checks this out in the next day or so, PLEASE pray for me and the family I'm working for. There is some VERY intense and VERY serious stuff going on.

Pray for safety, peace, and strength to get through it. I have no idea what He's doing, but it's something big.
Back to top Go down
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
DaMavster

Number of posts : 190

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 pm

Will do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Garfunkel
Forum Pariah
Forum Pariah
Garfunkel

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Niels Croeus
Stamina:
Prayer Requests Left_bar_bleue9/9Prayer Requests Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:37 pm

I'm praying for you, Rachel!
Back to top Go down
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
DaMavster

Number of posts : 190

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Pray for me guys. My family is anything but supportive right now as I'm trying to move out of the house. I can appreciate my parents' concern for me, but I cannot agree with them. I always thought that they'd be happy to see me get a job and strike out on my own. Instead, I feel like one parent is angry at me for even considering moving out of the house and the other is angry at the first one for not letting me grow up. And both complain to me about each other. I can't handle being their parents and their son at the same time.

And also, I would appreciate it if you kept this to yourselves...
Back to top Go down
http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Chief
Keeper of the Forum
Chief

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:50 pm

We will be in prayer for you brother.

And by the way, I'm glad you got to visit this weekend, it was a little taste of times gone by that I really do miss. At the same time, I'm glad to see our lives moving forward, I know God has plans for you! (just as you know yourself)
Back to top Go down
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
Edge

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 pm

My brother (Clint, age 23), whom some of you know, has swollen lymph nodes in his abdomen and under one arm pit. The doctors will be conducting a biopsy on Friday (24 Oct) to determine the cause. He is trusting that God is doing what will bring Him the most glory, and so he is not worried, though my parents are.

Praying especially for you, Zag, and you, DaMav...
Back to top Go down
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan
Zagabeenie

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks so much for your prayers. They've been felt. Things are less intense, but still rough. I'm worn out, though. Hopefully I'll get to take a breath soon.

Praying for you DaMavster.

How's Clint doing, Edge?
Back to top Go down
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
Edge

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 4:15 pm

It's been confirmed as lymphoma. He will begin chemotherapy soon. It's been a rough week, but I think our whole family is learning much, being tested, and bowing the knee to God.
Back to top Go down
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
Edge

Lore Sheet
Stamina:

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:53 pm

His cancer has been confirmed as Stage 4 Lymphoma (last stage), and he will begin a very dangerous chemotherapy cycle this week. This treatment has a 58% survival rate and has many potential, very dangerous side effects which include sterility and kidney failure (not to mention the general feeling of having toxins being pumped into your veins). If this treatment does not work in the next 3 weeks, he may have to receive a bone marrow transplant (not a pretty thing). Prayers are appreciated...

We acknowledge that God is sovereign and good and faithful. His way for His glory!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayer Requests
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Action Jones Forum :: Everything Goes-
Jump to: