Forum Pariah

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Niels Croeus
Stamina:
9/9  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm praying for all of you guys... God will do what brings Him the most glory. Saying that doesn't make it hurt any less, but God knows that, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:41 pm

Praying for your brother and family, Jordan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2006-11-02

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Krisdiana Cupshigh
Stamina:
7/7  (7/7)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:42 pm

I just found out on Wednesday that my grandmother (my dad's mother) passed away suddenly on Tuesday night. My grandfather just passed away a couple of months ago, so this is especially hard on my dad. These are my grandparents who lived in the Bahamas, and I hadn't seen either of them for more than 5 years, so it's also a little rough for me knowing it may be a long time before I get to see either of them again. Still, praise God that they are free from pain and full of joy.

Praying for you all. God is good. All the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chief
Keeper of the Forum

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:01 pm

Praise God for His sovereignty. What hope, what peace we have in that. The one who loves us most, who loves with the only True Love that exists, He is the one who holds our every breath, and every step. He cares for us, and guides us, we cannot step out of His care, we cannot slip away from His arms, we cannot foul His plans. He is not surprised, He is not confused or concerned. In all things He is in control, holding us with the love that passes understanding, quietly loving us even as we squirm and shudder in our lack of faith. He is in control, He has overcome this world, He is our Peace in all things. Help us Lord, give us grace to know who you are.

I pray this firstly for me guys, I know I need to learn to rest in Him so much more. I will keep each of you in prayer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Well, my dad got laid off today. His last day of work is tomorrow.

It's okay though. We've known this was coming for half a year now, so it's not a surprise. That, and he'll be receiving nearly 80% of his salary for unemployment for 20 weeks or so. So, this is less of an emergency and more of a significant change in our lives.

Also, I'm still unemployed. Ohio is experiencing record unemployment right now, and other states won't consider me because I can't interview.
Back to top Go down
Edge
Keeper of the Forum

Number of posts : 214

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Why no interview?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:38 am

Cause I live too far away. They'd either have to fly me out there, or I'd have to spend 60+ dollars on gas and a hotel room too...
Back to top Go down
Chief
Keeper of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Well, perhaps the initial investment will be rewarded by a long term source of income?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:49 am

Oh, I see things the same way you do Chief. It's the companies that don't.

"Say there underpaid, overworked underling... What do you think of this resume? Should we bring him in for an interview?"

"Oh he who's salary soars the sky above the world, he lives 300 miles away!"

"You're right. There's no way he'd drive this far. Next!"
Back to top Go down
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
7/7  (7/7)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:09 am

Praise God for the way He changes my plans Wink

Angela and I both lost our jobs last night and I was kicked out of the house. No time to digress about that whole situation, but, needless to say, it's added a little uncertainty and stress to both of our lives. If you could throw some prayer out there for us, I know we'd both appreciate it. We've got decisions to make (and loans to pay), so we need to be sensitive to God's leading.

I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garfunkel
Forum Pariah
Forum Pariah

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Niels Croeus
Stamina:
9/9  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Rachel - I'm praying for you! Remember that whatever happens, Rachel, we will not forget you. I don't know why God is letting this happen, but I do know that He is always there. I read a book recently ("The God Who Smokes" by Timothy Stoner), and in it he talks about the times when God lets us 'drop.' During these times it feels like God is not there at all. Nothing seems to work out, and despite all of our pious trust, there is no divine Solutions sweeping along to catch us right at the last second. There are times when God lets up drop, and sometimes we end up hitting the bottom.

These things often come so that God can test us. We trust Him when He holds us close, and often when we are dropped. Will we now trust when the answer does not come, and we do end up hitting the bottom? Will we trust when God does not stop us from stabbing Isaac?

Consider Stephen. For, although Stephen was faithfully serving as a caretaker of the community of Christians in Jerusalem, he was captured, and although Peter and John had both been captured before, they had been subsequently set free. Stephen, I'm sure, had a sincere hope that God would do the same for him. However, God chose to let him be stoned. Stephen died, though, proclaiming Christ, and his testimony has echoed through the halls of desolate lives for over 2000 years!

Praise God! For although all else fails, we know that God is always, eternally there, even when there is absolutely no evidence that we can see of His sovereignty.

Praise God!

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Well guys, my job application at Cedarville is now being reviewed. I should find out by Valentine's Day if I'm to come in for an interview. If not, well, I expect a letter the week or two after that letting me know I wasn't chosen.

I ask that you pray for the decision makers and that the right decision is made, whatever that may be. If God doesn't want me there, I don't want to be there, even though I want to be there...
Back to top Go down
Red Claw
Forum Pariah
Forum Pariah

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Katigame Ryu
Stamina:
7/7  (7/7)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:04 pm

What going on mav?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Well, Cedarville hasn't contacted me, so I don't think I got the job. I should find out for sure sometime later this week via a nice letter.

However, BIG PRAISE: my dad's been laid off since Thanksgiving, and he just got a call saying he's to come back to work next week! That's a huge answer to prayer.
Back to top Go down
Action Jones
Keeper of the Forum

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:50 pm

That's awesome Andrew. The whole "Your dad has a job again" thing, not the "I didn't get the job" thing. Just hang in there and keep looking. Also, I'll have to call you sometime to tell you my story ideas for Lore.

On a side note, my life has been pretty crappy as of late (academic, financial, physical, and social probs) and I'm just feeling really discouraged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geezer

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Prayer Requests   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Just know that there are people around the country that are in prayer for all of you . It is good to know that when we are weakest, He can work through us for His glory. By asking for prayer, we are acknowledging that we cannot fix our problems on our own and that we want to yield to God and His power. The power of prayer in this forum is strong because of the unity and love you have for each other. "Where 2 or 3 are gathered together in My name, there I am in the midst of them" (Matt.18:20). Keep it going! Geezer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chief
Keeper of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 am

Andrew, glad to hear about your dad and, even though you know this, remember that God doesn't waste ANYTHING. This whole time of you searching for a job is being used by Him to mold you more into the image of his son and forge you into the man He wants you to be. We have His promises in Scripture that He will hold us, justify us and make us stand until His coming, just hold on and know that he is with you through it all. And that its all about his glory...jobs and all the rest come later.

And Sam, I will honestly be praying for you as well. I really admire your strength in hard times...i get discouraged myself and I have such a light load compared to what you are facing right now, you are definetely an example to me and many others. We are praying for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
7/7  (7/7)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:08 pm

Yes, praising God for answered prayers about your dad, Andrew! And feeling totally in sync with everyone experiencing financial worries. I have to keep coming back to the fact that my God has never failed me yet, and that when He brings one of my trials to a close, I can nearly always look back on it and see growth in my life, in one way or another.

As for my newest request, I have just sent an inquiry to a family in Michigan about a nanny/housekeeper/household manager job they are offering. It is a live-in job with decent benefits, the family seems to share many of my interests, and the children attend a Christian school. From my finite point of view, it seems like an ideal fit for me. Still, His thoughts are higher than mine, so could you just pray that He will work as He will work, and that I will be satisfied no matter what the outcome?

I miss you guys. Hope to see some of you soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:21 pm

It's been nearly 3 weeks since I should have heard from Cedarville one way or the other about the job, so I called today. Turns out that they're still going through applications, so I'm still in limbo (could go either way). The Human Resource person I talked with said, "Please don't think you're no longer being considered." So, it's still with God.

In an ironic twist, my dad is again laid off. They called him in for a specific job, and now that it's done, he's laid off again. Still, this means that he is eligible for 3 weeks of vacation pay, even though he's not working. And there's a good chance that he'll get picked back up in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:06 pm

I heard from Cedarville today. I did not get the Admissions Counselor position.

As my once roommate Andy taught me to say, "Oh well!"

Please continue to pray that my job hunt will bear fruit.
Back to top Go down
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
7/7  (7/7)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 pm

A job-hunting request here as well...actually both a praise and a request. My Michigan lead did not pan out, but a few weeks later I got three leads within the span of two days. I've been in touch with all three of these families (all nanny jobs), and it almost seems like I'll have my pick between the three. The problem is that I'm completely stressing out over which one I should choose if I'm given the choice. One is in Indiana, one Ohio, and one Maryland. I just need some prayer that I'll choose right here, and be sensitive to God's prompting instead of my selfish desires. Love to you guys.

Edit: Flying to Maryland today (3/31) for a trial week with one of the families. Still needing prayers. Still sending love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
7/7  (7/7)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Praises, praises! As some of you know, I have decided to take the job in Maryland. I will actually be working for my cousin and her husband. In fact, I'm already there, doing that. The pay is quite decent and my little cousins are sweet, but I still have a list of things to accomplish in order to settle in here. God is good, but I am weak and nervous and stressed and awkward, so it will be good when I can finally get a routine down. I'll be looking for a church for the next while. I'm going with my cousin's family tomorrow, but I'll surely try some other places. I really hope to be more involved in a church and develop stronger relationships than I was able to in Virginia. I miss all of you guys more than ever tonight. Tearing up a little, almost Smile .......

Anyway. Any of that that you'd like to pray for would be so much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chief
Keeper of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be blessed by praying for you, Zag! More and more I'm seeing how small and shriveled a Christian life becomes without the joy of supporting and serving others in the body.

And, as most of you guys know, Courtney and I will be getting married this summer. whenever you think of it, we would really appreciate your prayers for direction and that we would hold Christ before us as our singular and unifying desire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:19 am

Well, I got a job! It's a short 3 month contract position with McGraw Hill in Columbus, but it'll be good to work again. I start 6/15/09 and move into my apartment 6/13/09.

I'll be living on my own in an apartment, so feel free to email/call/whatever.

Also, pray that this will be a time of growth and reflection for me. There's a lot of tension at home right now and I just need some time away I think.
Back to top Go down
Zagabeenie
Mega Fan

Lore Sheet
Stamina:
7/7  (7/7)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:31 pm

Just a quick note to say I've prayed for you and praised with you guys!

My newest praise is that I think I've finally found my Maryland church. I've visited twice, and I'm planning on attending the college group on Saturday night.

The newest request is that I've had a small issue with the repayment of one of my loans that I need to get straightened out.

In addition, can I just say that I can't wait to see everyone at the wedding? Okay, well, I said it anyway. Love you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   

Back to top Go down

Prayer Requests
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next