Action Jones Forum

The official Action Jones forum!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 The Tavern

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: The Tavern   Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:18 pm

(This is just a tavern scene)

Magthol walks into the tavern, still slightly wounded from his last encounter. After ordering a drink from the bartender, he takes a seat in the corner and starts to analyze a map he produces from his robes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Edge carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
12

Edge carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
11

Olaf looks up as the newcomer walks in.

Edge carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
17

Feigning disinterest, he keeps rolling his golden die.

Edge carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
15

Edge carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
13

With that roll, he makes his decision. Calling over a barmaid, Olaf slips a note to the barmaid under a guise of giving her a tip for more booze. With subtle direction for her to leave the note on Magthol's table, Olaf gets up to relieve himself outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Magthol frowns when the barmaid seemingly drops a slip of paper onto his table as she passes by, but he does not look at it immediately. Instead, he continues to analyze his map for a few more seconds. Satisfied with his observations, Magthol turns his attention to the piece of paper.

<OOC- OOC stands for Out Of Character, by the way. Go ahead Edge, and describe what Magthol reads on the note >
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:52 pm

<OOC Olaf's note is sealed with red wax bearing a rearing stallion. Should someone read the note, they would see something like this:

http://people.cedarville.edu/Student/jordansleman/Employ.jpg

The note bears the faint musk of leather.>


Last edited by Edge on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 pm

<OOC I changed permissions. You can delete / edit messages now. The only reason I had it the other way was so people couldn't change their dice roll results. For now, I'll keep the edit ability on. Also, if you want, you can use bold and italics to make parts of your post stand out. I use italics on OOC messages, and I will use bold on dialogue.>

Magthol studies the note for a few minutes, stopping every so often to take a sip from his mug. Finishing the message, he sits back in his chair and crosses his arms, thinking. After pondering the note's significance for a few minutes, he returns to studying his map, but sweeps his gaze across the room every few minutes for anyone out of place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:10 pm

Olaf re-enters the tavern and glances across the groups of locals and travelers. Suddenly, he walks to the bar and begins engaging the bartender in small talk. After a few sentences, Olaf inquires, "Where's the most comfortable lodging in the town, sir?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:31 pm

"Well, I don't mean to be bragging, but I'm pretty sures that the best place to spend the night in town is me own lodgings. We've got two rooms available for a most excellent price: 5 coins. There now, isn't that a price you can't be refusing?"

The tavern owner grins and leans on the bar counter, awaiting Olaf's answer.

Roll for cunning / search
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:56 pm

Cunning = 12, +1 when searching

Edge carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
15

Olaf rolls his die while biding time to think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:07 am

Code:
Edge's roll of 15 + 12 + 1 = 28 *Success*
Olaf notices Magthol's gaze resting upon him, apparently listening in to his conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 am

"I would want your best room available, then, and please have me wakened an hour before dawn with hot breakfast ready," Olaf replied. As his voice trailed off, his gaze rested on Magthol inquisitively. Turning back to the bartender, he swapped five coins for his golden die on the bar and said, "Let's see my room."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:28 pm

The bartender slides Olaf's coins off of the bar and into his palm. He tentatively bites one to check its authenticity. After assuring himself that the coins are genuine, the bartender beckons Olaf around the bar counter, through a door set in the wall. A long corridor lies beyond with two doors on each side: a total of four rooms.

"Me wife and me live in the first room on the left 'ere. Iffen you has a problem, you knows where to find me. The first door on the right 'ere is your room."

The bartender opens the door and motions Olaf inside. The room is sparsely decorated with only a bed, desk, and wooden chair. Immediatly after Olaf enters the room, the bartender goes to the desk and pulls a candle out of its only drawer. The bartender sets the candle upon the desk and lights it quickly before turning back to Olaf.

"Iffen that will be all then, I'll be gettin' back to the bar."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:09 pm

"You may go."

Olaf waits until the bartender is out before leaving the door cracked and searching the room.

Cunning = 12, +1 when searching

Edge carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Code:
Olaf searches *Automatic Success*
Olaf searches his room, but finds nothing out of the ordinary.

Meanwhile, Magthol notes the return of the bartender. Taking one last sip from his mug, he gets up from his table and heads to the backrooms. As he passes Olaf's room, Magthol makes note that the door is left slightly ajar, before stopping at the second door on the right: his own room. Producing a key from his robes, Magthol unlocks his door, steps quickly inside, and locks it again. He then proceeds to his bed in the darkened room where he lies on his back, pondering the significance of the events of the day.

Code:
Magthol heals 1 stamina
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:51 pm

Olaf lays on his bed to read Theoretical Solutions of Historical Enigmas, Vol I by candlelight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garfunkel
Forum Pariah
Forum Pariah
avatar

Number of posts : 124
Location : Behind you. BOO!
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Niels Croeus
Stamina:
9/9  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:11 pm

The door of bar bursts open as Niels Croeus storms in.

"Them doggone ruffians!", he exclaims. "They went and shainghighed my boat. Again!"

Niels crashes down into bar seat at a table and yells for a Sunflower Ale with a lemon on top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:17 pm

The bartender, apparently accustomed to Niels's outbursts, quickly but nonchalantly fills a mug with sunflower ale.

"Fresh out o' lemons."

The bartender passes Niels his drink.

"So, wha' happened out there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Garfunkel
Forum Pariah
Forum Pariah
avatar

Number of posts : 124
Location : Behind you. BOO!
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Niels Croeus
Stamina:
9/9  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Niels, grumbling under his breath at the lack of lemons, replies,

"All I did was stop in at the Dead Buzzard Bar for a drink or two, and when I came back out, me fishing trawler was gone. GONE, I tell you!"

Niels looks around (searching),
Garfunkel carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
9
(Niels' Cunning is 15)

and asks, "Do you have a place where I could lay me head for a night or two, until I find those hoodlums who stole my boat?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Code:
Garfunkel searches *Automatic Success*

Garfunkel looks around the common area of the tavern, but doesn't notice anything too unusual. Several tables are located around the room, which the lone barmaid is cleaning. Only two other patrons are in the tavern at this late hour: two men sitting in the far side of the room, peering into their cups and chatting.

The bartender grins and says, "Well, you're the second fella to request a room this night. Seems like it's a good day for me business. I gots a room available, 5 coins a night."

The bartender gestures with his hand for the money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Garfunkel
Forum Pariah
Forum Pariah
avatar

Number of posts : 124
Location : Behind you. BOO!
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Niels Croeus
Stamina:
9/9  (9/9)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:08 pm

Niels yells,

"What! Your gonna make me pay for my room?!? I'm a poor, lost, uneducated fisherman that deserves the benefits of a negative-tax based economic structure designed to facilitate the ecumenical and teological lexifonicity of our corporate beneficiaries!

In other words - I challenge you to a DUEL!"


Estevo, Niels' pet seal, shakes its head sadly. It is quite accustomed to its master's random outbursts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:41 pm

The bartender, apparently aware of Niels's randomness, nonchalantly fills up another mug with sunflower ale.

"Heh. No thanks. I'm not the spry young man I once was. You'd tear me apart. But here, have a drink on the house while you give it a think. I've got the best rates in town for rent."

The bartender slides the mug over towards Niels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:27 pm

<OOC Oh no....didn't I see that coming, Nathan? haha>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:32 pm

Olaf put down his book in frustration after reading the same two pages five times over without remembering a word. His head was building up pressure, and he needed fresh air and a cool drink to clear his stuffy mind.

(-1 to Cunning and Reflex, naginata left in room)

Olaf locked the door behind him as he headed out to the common room. He plopped down at the bar to ask for a lemonade without paying attention to his surroundings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:56 pm

The bartender, seeing Olaf sit down and motion for a lemonade, leaves Niels to his sunflower ale and heads over to Olaf.

"Getting a drink before bed?"

The bartender pours a mug of lemonade and slides it to Olaf. Leaning close to Olaf as he hands him his drink, the bartender whispers so that only Olaf can hear, "Look at for this 'un. He's a bit unstable, but mostly harmless."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Edge
Keeper of the Forum
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Age : 31
Location : the nearest woods
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Olaf Itzal
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:22 am

Olaf places one coin on the bar shuts both eyes as he massages his temples. He fondles the golden die in his pocket as he takes a few gulps of lemonade, quickly lost in aimless thought. After a few minutes, he finishes the glass and gets up to stretch his legs, feeling better already. Noticing the odd old man at the bar (and a pet seal at his side!) Olaf approaches after making a few quick observations of the man's demeanor.

"I beg your pardon for not introducing myself earlier and for the intrusion now. My name is Olaf. I have journeyed many places, and rarely do I meet someone more traveled than I. You seem to be one such man. Would you care to tell me a bit about your travels?"

Olaf rubs the golden die, preoccupied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaMavster
Supreme Forum Potentate
avatar

Number of posts : 190
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Lore Sheet
Lore Character: Magthol
Stamina:
8/8  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:13 am

<OOC-- By the way, Niels could have attacked the bartender. I'll never take an option away from you. It's just that the bartender didn't take Niels seriously. Niels can still decide to just start smacking him.

I'll be playing for Niels for now, till Garfunkel comes back -->



Niels gives a sudden start, as though surprised. "Eh, what's that? You want to hear a tale of me in the 'ol days?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewtpowell.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Tavern   

Back to top Go down
 
The Tavern
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Tavern Bar
» The World of Secfenia ~ Thanks Ahlia!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Action Jones Forum :: Lore :: Games :: Completed Games-
Jump to: